OneSavings Bank revamps ICR requirements
Feb 27 2018
OneSavings Bank plc, the specialist lending and retail savings group, is today announcing changes to its interest coverage ratio (ICR) requirements for all Buy to Let loans through trading brands Kent Reliance and InterBay Commercial.
The changes substantially simplify ICR requirements; potentially increasing the amount customers could borrow against their Buy to Let property.
A summary of the simplified approach includes:
- 140% ICR requirement for an individual with standard BTL property
- 160% ICR requirement for an individual with specialist BTL property
- 125% ICR requirement for a limited company with standard BTL property
- 145% ICR requirement for a limited company with specialist BTL property
The definitions of standard and specialist property are unchanged:
- Standard BTL properties include Single dwellings, HMO/ Student/ Multi-let properties that have five or fewer rooms and freehold blocks with four or fewer residential units
- Specialist BTL properties include HMO/ Student/ Multi-let properties with six or more rooms and freehold blocks with five or more residential units
Adrian Moloney, Sales Director at OneSavings Bank, said "Not only will these changes simplify the Buy to Let loan process and improve understanding amongst our brokers and their clients, but this simplification could also mean the opportunity for landlords to borrow more should they need to."